Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A love affair with Vera...



...Bradley that is. I got hooked on the brand during this past christmas when the bf's Grandmother gave me the most gorgeous Vera Bradley eye glasses case for Christmas. The next day I searched their sales online for a purse in the print that was cheap enough...which sadly I couldnt find so instead I found another print I liked and bought that. Later on the BF got me a cute id case with the orignal print that i loved (Blue Rhapsody). For a while i was content with just that one purse and a look at the website every now and then...alas, it was not to be like that for long. I saw Vera Bradley tea cups and mugs while shopping at a Barnes and Noble yet i was able to resist. When my dad needed to run to the outlet mall, the very same outlet mall that is home to one of only two Vera Bradley outlet stores, i finally broke down. At first the BF bought me a purse in my new favorite print, Symphony in Hue, then i went back two days later and bought a mail bag in Bali Gold, and then after careful consideration, and with thoughts of my trip to florida on friday in my mind, me and the BF sprang for the large duffel bag in Calypso (which i had always like but not loved until i saw it in this style). What can I say, I'm in love.




The best part is I dragged my mom down with me. She bought two purses while I was there and has already decided we are going back in August after me and my sister get back from Florida.

In other news: I have finished my Inishtuk sweater <3, Ice Queen, and one thrummed mitten. While in Florida i plan to knit a February Lady Sweater and a pair of mittens (these are a request from the sis). Knowing me i'll bring at least one more project, i'd hate to run out of projects half way through the vacation and i dont know how close any yarn shops are to our hotel :S

Also, in the nail art world, i am now sporting a pair of freshly painted mint ice cream nails, which were a request by the BF. I thought these were fun to do even if it meant getting rid of the manicure i had just done yesterday (and fell in love with). I plan to go back to that once in Florida, but my traveling mani will be three coats of Peach Smoothie from Revlon's Summer Scents and my pedi will be Orange Pop (which is Revlon's Scented Nail Polish as well) with a top coat of China Glaze Gold Glitter. I'm not an orange loving person but orange nail polish and Florida seemed to go together! And i'll have scented nails, what fun!

Well it's off to bed for me,
Happy Crafting,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment