Sunday, March 28, 2010

Love is in the air...

I suppose it's only natural with spring finally showing its face, but i am just simply in love with everything! the sun, the smells, the promise of flowers, books, chick flicks...its just fun! After finishing a long book series i had been reading over the past year or so i was up in the air as to what to read next. i toyed around with 'Wicked: Legacy and Spellbound' but it was much to dark a tale to read at the moment. Then i picked up 'Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason' and i think that will be the next read but i wanted something a bit...deeper. So on a whim i picked 'Wuthering Heights' off of my book shelf and now i am simply enthralled. Heathcliff is such a complex surly character it gives me butterflies just thinking about him. I am only about 80 pages into it but i can see this being one of my favorite books of all time. I loved 'Pride and Prejudice' though i found it a bit slow at points, however, 'Wuthering Heights' is going at such a faster pace and i like Emily Bronte's style of writing more than Jane Austens. I think i might try and pick up 'Jane Eyre' again and see if Charlotte can draw me in as much as her sister.

I've taken a quick break from reading to snuggle up with my pillow and blanket and watch 'Titanic' with my sister and mom. i love this movie so much and totally fits my mood of lovey dovey chick flicks that arent tooo cheezy. I think i shall have to rent 'Wuthering Heights' after i'm done reading it... i love it so much.

Tomorrow i have about 2 1/2 hours of waiting around at school before i head off to German 203 so i think this book shall accompany me to the library.

Happy Crafting

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! You've won an 8-pack of my CROCHET PATTERNS in the GIVE-AWAY.

    Please email me your mailing info. My email addy is under the top photo, right column of my blog.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete